Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 17, 2009 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, GREG!!!

As a little girl, you dream of what marriage will be. In spite of the fact that you live in the "real world" ... where people are three dimensional and don't have fairy godmothers with magic wands, you want to believe in Cinderella's happily "ever after." It's just the way little girls' minds work!

But today, I can truly say, my marriage to Greg McVey ... with all its imperfections and "real life" ups and downs has been more incredible than anything I could have ever imagined! What an adventure we have been on! During those down times, I have learned that the man I love is steadfast and faithful. He doesn't quit. He doesn't even doubt. I have never been disappointed by the way he has handled adversity. His strength rubs off on me and on our kids. We are a much more secure family because of his strength of character and reliance on the Lord.

And when we were seperated for 15 months? I learned the man I love is worthy of my trust. I fell asleep every night knowing he was thinking of me and our children. His commitment to the Lord, to our marriage and family gave me the courage to keep on going. It cemented the bond between us like nothing else ever has. We learned to communicate more openly, weigh our responses to one another more carefully, and to never take one another for granted. I see him differently than I did before he left us for a time. Even though we were a part, we were still one. We were still able to move forward. The way he talked to me, encouraged me and let me know he loved me made his return that much more special ... a feeling that continues even today.

After 10 years of marriage, there is still no one I would rather be with than my husband! He makes me laugh like no one else can. I still can't wait for him to get home at the end of the work day ... and his smile still melts my heart. Sounds a little like Cinderalla and her Prince Charming, after all! Thank you, Greg for being the most amazing husband and father! What a life you have given me ... I would follow you ANYWHERE!!!!! Can't wait to see what the next 10 hold in store.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

1 comment:

Pastor Mike said...

Great blog Conli. Happy Anniversary to you and Greg from all the Fraziers. We remember you often in our prayers.

Mike Frazier