Saturday, May 28, 2011

Let me explain ...


I've decided to change the name of my blog. New title ... new inspiration, right! Goodness, that is what I am hoping. I write blogs in my brain all the time. ALL THE TIME. Finding the time to actually translate them from the "brain blog" to this one, well that's where I run into trouble. But, I'm turning over a new leaf, hence a new title!

And, for all practical purposes, it TOTALLY makes sense! It's a PUN that describes my life to a "T." First of all, Philippians 4:11 is quite meaningful for me. It says, "... for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:" (NKJV) This is my prayer! It's Greg's life verse, and honestly, he's really good at it. Contentment comes naturally to him. Not so much for me. I crave change ... then, I freak out when it actually comes! So, contentment is my daily prayer. And God is incredibly faithful. So, why is contentment so important in my life these days ...

Well, (second part of the pun), we've lived in a lot of STATES lately! Five years ago, when we joined the army, we lived in Gaffney, SC. Kids and I moved to Richmond Hill, GA while Greg moved (for a few months) to Columbia, SC. We stayed in GA while he went to Afghanistan for 15 months. Then, we ALL moved to Stuttgart, Germany for 2 1/2 years. Now, we're settled in the sandy desert, Fort Irwin, CA. All the circumstantial stuff that comes with moving ... well, that's why I pray for contentment! (And honestly, past contentment, I pray for JOY, JOY, JOY)

So, welcome to my new blog, "Whatever State I'm in," based on Phil. 4:11 and our nomadic life. But know this right from the start ... the McVeys are blessed to serve the Lord and go where HE sends us!

No comments: