Monday, November 10, 2008

Refreshed

What a week! There is nothing like stepping out of your comfort zone. Getting alone with the Lord. Laughing with your friends. Talking while drinking coffee. Missing your husband. Getting completely excited and thrilled at the thought of being with your kids again.

And that is what happened to me last week at the PWOC Worship and Study conference. Yes, we had great speakers. Awesome Praise and Worship. Nice accomodations. Good food. But for me, it was all about getting renewed and refreshed. I needed to be reminded of how much God loves me. I needed to complete a thought in my brain without being interrupted by a child. And God was faithful.

And you know what? Greg did an awesome job here at home! The kids were dressed and fed (yes, there was great quantities of sugar involved, but that's okay!) The girls' homework was done every evening. He even kept up with the laundry and attempted to put Lexi's hair into a ponytail every day. One funny story ... on Saturday, Ashley got herself dressed for the day in an outfit that DID NOT match. Lots of pinks happening at the same time, and an equal number of opposing patterns. I simply pointed at it and said, "Ash, this is not working for me honey." To which she replied, "Well, I wore it one day last week ... and nobody said a word about it!" I closed my mouth, and let her go. Time with daddy is awesome. No doubt about it.

For those of you who prayed for our week, thank you. The prayers paid off. I'm "reloaded" and ready to go!

No comments: