Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BURRRRRR

It is COLD in Stuttgart today! Two days ago, it was GORGEOUS outside. Sun shining, birds singing, gentle breeze blowing. But it didn't last. While the kids and I played at the playground after school, the clouds rolled in and it got DARK. Then, the rain started to fall. We had to run home (Shane LOVED getting wet!) It rained all night Tuesday and all day yesterday. Today, it is foggy. And cold. Now, I am not complaining. Well, maybe a little. It is only in the 30's and everyone tells me this is nothing compared to what is to come. For me, it is cold enough! A lot of life in Germany takes place outside, so they have the motto, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate clothing." I'm in trouble! I like it warm and sunny. Preferably with an ocean nearby. So, right now, before my small witness, Shane and his noisy toy, I am making this declaration, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Okay, I feel better. Now, time to bundle up and head out into the wretched elements for a walk through the vinyards. Or, a nice cup of coffee sounds good too ...

1 comment:

jonnadesigns said...

Hey Conli, I just wanted to say hey and that we really, really miss you guys! been thinking about you a lot lately and hope all is well. Richard said he emailed Greg a while back but hasn't heard from him, but I know you are all busy. I think he sent a photo of Levi and Shane from the dancing when you guys were here. Well, I must say I really miss you, someone to talk to, and walk with! :) Haven't been doing much walking lately...Well, i hope to hear from you soon. - Jonna