Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is it already January 6????


Wow, nearly a week of 2009 has passed by, and this is my first time getting to the website. Yikes!!! My New Year's resolution ... more blogging! Maybe I shouldn't call this a resolution, just do my best to do a better job at updating our friends and family on life in Germany.

Well, let's see ... Christmas was GREAT! We had lots of family time and definitely a much-needed "change of pace." Santa brought us a Wii. WHAT FUN! Definitely the best gift of the year, hands down! It was funny because one of my gifts from my AMAZING and thoughtful husband was a massage a few days after Christmas. She noticed a knot in my right shoulder and was asking me about it. I was so embarrassed to say, "Well, we got Wii for Christmas and I've been playing some tennis ..." She just laughed. She'd heard it before!

Germany loves fireworks, so New Year's Eve was an experience! Because of the age of our kids and the extreme COLD here, we didn't go out "on the town" ... just watched out the window at midnight. Unfortunately, Ashley and Lexi fell asleep at 11:20 pm and didn't even move when all the noise started. But Shane popped out of his room right at 12 ... ready to see some "pireworks." Awesome!

Now, with the holidays behind us, we are looking forward to what the new year will bring! I will be teaching the "Enhancing Your Marriage" Bible Study for the ladies' group here, starting next week and I'm really looking forward to it. We have also planned our first real trip and will be going to Berlin at the end of next week. It is about a 5 hour drive and we'll be staying in a German apartment. I'm sure it is going to be quite an experience and I'll definitely post pics!

I'm posting the picture of Miss Alexis, because she lost her tooth!!! What a cutie, with that hole in the front!!!

No comments: