Friday, January 30, 2009

Prayers in the night

The other day, Ashley said to me, "Last night, my foot was hurting, so I prayed to Jesus and asked Him to make it better," I thought she was done, and I was so happy she turned to the Lord! But she wasn't done, she went on ..."And He put His hand on me, and the pain went away."

Wow.

I've thought about it several times. She is 7. Her faith is pretty brand new. She is learning scripture and Bible Stories. We talk a lot about character ... forgiveness ... and salvation in our house. But what she said -- sounds like a real EXPERIENCE to me. Could it be that during the night, she literally felt the hands of the Lord?? I believe God and have felt His presence many times in my life. But to see it happening in the life of my precious little girl is phenomenal to me. My prayer is that she will never forget the "hand of the Lord." As a child, the "things" of God are easier to accept. Our faith is more pure and we don't need as much hard proof. It is why we pray daily for the faith of our children to grow. It is why our responsibility as parents is to live a life that shows them Jesus every day. And it is why I am thankful for prayers in the night!!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This has truly left Nanny & Granddad in tears of joy. What a wonderful testimony to two parents who are teaching our Grandbabies about the Lord. Our hearts are blessed to hear about the faith of our first born Grandchild.