Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's here!

On Wednesday of this week, our minivan arrived in Stuttgart after a month and 1/2 on a ship from the states. What a wonderful day! Now, you might be thinking, why in the world would getting a minivan make your day? Well, I too once believed the minivan was the ultimate "mom mobile" ... I wanted no part of it. But let me tell you, after more than a month of living without it, I couldn't wait for that car to get here!!! From here on out Shane's feet will not be close enough to Ashley and Lexi to tempt him to kick ... Ashley will not have to sit crooked in her booster so all three seats will fit in the back ... I will be able to haul all three kids, groceries, a stroller, 2 backpacks and whatever else I need without any problem ... I will not have to juggle a 30 pound 2 1/2 year old and a cart full of groceries to get my car keys out and the truck open -- in the pouring rain, I might add (yes, this did happen) and will instead be able to open all doors and the back with the push of a button ... and finally, we are ONE STEP CLOSER to feeling "normal" in Germany! I guess I am a "minivan mom" after all! Now, if we could just get our furniture, dishes, pots and pans, clothes ...

No comments: