Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I did it!

Today, I made a HUGE decision. Okay, it was HUGE for me. I decided to go to the PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) fall "Worship and Study" retreat. No big deal, right? Well, YES. It is a big ol' deal for me!!!! I will be gone from Monday to Friday ... which is the longest amount of time I have EVER been away from my kids. Now, Greg and I have gone a way for long weekends together. I even traveled to Florida by myself for my friend Nicole's wedding several years ago. But never 4 nights away. It is not about Greg being here with the kids alone. He is an awesome dad. He is calm under pressure and knows how to take care of things around the house. He will wash the dishes and clean up after himself and the children (with their help, of course). That is just who he is. So, no worries there.

I guess is it just a "mommy" thing! I am going to miss them all like crazy, and I know it. Here is why I decided to go anyway: 1. I think it will be good for me and the kids to miss each other ... we'll appreciate being together ALL the time more when I return! 2. I think it will be good for Greg to see what it is like to be the daddy and the mommy for awhile. I did it for 15 months. So, it will just give us something else in common. I gained a newfound appreciation for HIS role in the home while he was gone ... and I'm sure he will do the same while I am gone. 3. I think I could use some time to focus on me ... and mostly my relationship with the Lord. Life has moved so fast the last couple of years! It will be nice to sit back, relax, think, pray, etc. I have this feeling God has some GREAT things to say to me ... and I can't wait to have the time to really LISTEN.

So, that's the decision I made today. I'm thankful for the opportunity! Blessed to have a husband who said, "Yes, you need this, GO!" and looking forward to a few days away! I'll let ya'll know how it goes. (It is not until the first week of November)

1 comment:

Mischia said...

Good for you! Praying you have a great time with other women, with our Father and with yourself.